01 July 2010

Victor's Review: Little Palace - Post 9

Little Palace is a newer establishment owned by the same individuals as Club 185 in German Village and located fairly close to it, though north of I-70 / I-71 in the downtown area. As I understand it, there was something there before and the owners liked the sign, so they kept the name. The menu is sparse and everything is a la carte - though my sampling was simply delightful.

Much like Club 185, the decor is dark and comfortable. Molded motifs around the ceiling, dark gray & comfortable benches, dark red paint & metal bar stools. The kitchen is at the end of the bar & has large, open pass-through windows - short order style. Located directly next to Dirty Frank's (of the Betty's Family of restaurants), Little Palace was far less crowded and had a very friendly staff.

The menu consisted if appetizers, pizzas, mini burgers and sides - all seemed to be pretty reasonably priced.

I chose the double burger ($3) without the pickles. The onions were of the grilled shoe-string variety and nicely caramelized. Each patty was around 3oz, so the double made for a satisfying serving size, though with the mini buns, it was a little too tall to eat comfortably. Nicely cooked medium with lots of clear juices running with every bite, the burger was stellar.

A side of fresh-cut fries ($2) was my choice of a side - though Brussels Sprouts were another offering on the side-dish menu. A nice, hot, fluffy interior was a welcome surprise when biting into the fries. Rounding the meal off was a simple Sprite - though the bar appeared to be well stocked.

For a total cost of $7.20 + a $2.80 tip ($10) this was a welcome change from some of my usual haunts & I'm pretty sure I'd like to check it out again.

Basic info:
Website - http://littlepalacerestaurant.com/
Location - Downtown - 240 S. Fourth St (North of I-70 / I-71 & German Village next to Dirty Frank's)
Phone - 614.460.8888
Victor's Rating = 3.75 (0-5 scale)

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! An update! Paul and I should drag you to new places more often! Next time, you should have us describe our entrees in detail, so you can have more food to talk about in your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It used to be a little Greek place btw

    ReplyDelete